Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics
Letter to the Editor
Group Drumming Modulates Cytokine Response in Mental Health Services Users: A Preliminary StudyFancourt D.a, b · Perkins R.a · Ascenso S.a · Atkins L.a · Kilfeather S.c · Carvalho L.b · Steptoe A.b · Williamon A.a
aCentre for Performance Science, Royal College of Music, and bPsychobiology Group, University College, London, and cAeirtec Laboratories, Newcastle, UK
Log in to MyKarger to check if you already have access to this title.
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Raison CL, Miller AH: Is depression an inflammatory disorder? Curr Psychiatry Rep 2011;13:467-475.
- Dahl J, Ormstad H, Aass HCD, Malt UF, Bendz LT, Sandvik L, Brundin L, Andreassen OA: The plasma levels of various cytokines are increased during ongoing depression and are reduced to normal levels after recovery. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2014;45:77-86.
- Slavich GM, Irwin MR: From stress to inflammation and major depressive disorder: a social signal transduction theory of depression. Psychol Bull 2014;140:774-815.
- Forsman AK, Nordmyr J, Wahlbeck K: Psychosocial interventions for the promotion of mental health and the prevention of depression among older adults. Health Promot Int 2011;26:85-107.
- Fancourt D, Ockelford A, Belai A: The psychoneuroimmunological effects of music: a systematic review and a new model. Brain Behav Immun 2014;36:15-26.
- Bittman BB, Berk LS, Felten DL, Westengard J, Simonton OC, Pappas J, Ninehouser M: Composite effects of group drumming music therapy on modulation of neuroendocrine-immune parameters in normal subjects. Altern Ther Health Med 2001;7:38-47.
- Koyama M, Wachi M, Utsuyama M, Bittman B, Hirokawa K, Kitagawa M: Recreational music-making modulates immunological responses and mood states in older adults. J Med Dent Sci 2009;56:79-90.
- Slavish DC, Graham-Engeland JE, Smyth JM, Engeland CG: Salivary markers of inflammation in response to acute stress. Brain Behav Immun 2015;44:253-269.
- Williamson S, Munro C, Pickler R, Grap MJ, Elswick RK: Comparison of biomarkers in blood and saliva in healthy adults. Nurs Res Pract 2012;2012:246178.
- Byrne ML, O'Brien-Simpson NM, Reynolds EC, Walsh KA, Laughton K, Waloszek JM, Woods MJ, Trinder J, Allen NB: Acute phase protein and cytokine levels in serum and saliva: a comparison of detectable levels and correlations in a depressed and healthy adolescent sample. Brain Behav Immun 2013;34:164-175.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.